Saturday, March 11, 2017

The BEST News


2014

2017

Step back in time and imagine that I'm in Duluth, riding my bike in a rain storm. We stopped by a less active (Brian) to see if he still lived there and he welcomed us right in. Him and his girlfriend (Whitney) were eating hamburgers and they let us sit down and we got to know them and they even let us share a scripture with them. 

They kept inviting us over for dinner and we eventually started teaching them. They had some major life style changes to make so the teaching process went very slowly but I just knew that someday Whitney would get baptized. I came home and Whitney and Brian continued to take the lessons and they eventually got married and she got baptized!

She sent me this picture and said "Guess What?" My heart was so incredibly happy to see them standing in front of the temple dressed in white. I often miss the emotion of joy that came from being a missionary and seeing this picture brings all those feelings back to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment